Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Easy Paper Basket by Dr Sonia



Hi friends Dr Sonia here from Cards ,Crafts & Kids Projects .Sometimes life just gets too busy for crafting and I struggled for ideas and time for this Guest DT post for Itsy Bitsy. But then I thought most of us go through such times and I thought I would share a super simple project which can be whipped up in minutes when we are short of time!
I followed the tutorial for this accordion style Paper Basket and even though Origami is actually not my cup of tea this is a an easy project to make
Paper Basket
I used 5 squares of 6 x 6 inch pattern paper to make this 3 compartment basket. If you have a scoring tool you can easily make a sturdy basket from thick paper . This paper basket is perfect to showcase double sided pattern papers as as you can see the  inside of the paper basket!
Paper Basket
I glittered up and added pearl centers to some beautiful Itsy Bitsy Boutique flowers for a quick embellishing of my paper basket.
I recently got the round nose pliers from Itsy Bitsy and they came in so handy to make some dangling beaded charms to hang on the ledge of the paper basket
Beading
This is how I threaded beads and flower caps on a head pin 
Beaded Charm
Attached the beaded pin to a ring and hung it to dangle on the ledge of the  basket.Used the Itsy Bitsy border to make a handle for the paper basket .

Paper Basket
Without the handle ,the charm of this paper basket is that it folds flat in an accordion style and can be stored away!
Origami Basket
I hope you liked this simple quick to do project which has so much potential.If you want to attempt something more elaborate here are links to Box tutorials on my blog.
And thank you so much Sunehra and team Itsy Bitsy for having me here as Guest DT once again.



Supplies Used: Please click on each image to view the product page a

15 comments:

  1. wow this is damn cute basket ...girly girly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Megha..I loved playing with the pink flowers and papers!

      Delete
  2. Wow! What a superb creative basket! Love it! Thanks so so much for sharing Dr. Sonia! Your creations are always amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the support Sindhu. I was so thrilled when I could fold the paper as origami is always a struggle for me!

      Delete
  3. literally this girlish pink flower basket is amazingly awesome!!
    wowwww!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Chitra for the kind words..it is super easy to make too!

      Delete
  4. lovely!! very creative!!
    -Berina
    http://moxiecraftie.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Berina. Hats off to whoever invented the origami folds!

      Delete
  5. this is beautiful,Dr Sonia...and the beaded charms are truly 'Charming'!!thanx for showing how you made them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Suman. I like experimenting with all kinds of crafts and had a ball using the beads and pins from Itsy Bitsy!

      Delete
  6. Wow so pretty basket Dr...very well embellished and those charms look superb !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Poornima for once this was an easy to embellish project!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you so much Preeti for the sweet encouraging words. I tried to find out if you have a blog but your google profile doesnt show one

      Delete