Sunday, April 7, 2013

Jazz up your Table Settings with a Ribbon Topiary

I love to entertain and one of my favorite parts of entertaining is dressing up the table. From the color scheme to the placement of plates, napkins and cutlery, I love it all! And what gives me particular joy is the center piece or in this case pieces - check out my ribbon topiaries to jazz up my dinner table!


I recently attended the first birthday party of a cousin's little girl and saw these on display. My cousin did them all herself and they looked SO delightful that I just had to try it out for myself and for you, our dear readers. Doesn't it look adorable as little accessories on my table?


I've added a closeup above of the topiary itself - packed with silver and gold ribbon. I made a set of 2 with the same gold and silver color scheme so that they could balance each other out on my rather long dining table. Here's a picture of a set of 2 topiaries along with the table all set for a lunch party. Don't the topiaries add a shade of grandeur to the entire proceedings?


The best part about ribbon topiaries is that they are SO EASY to make. I have made a video tutorial of how I put these delightful little decor items together. Watch it here and get started!




Do you like to deck up your table when you entertain? What's your favorite touch? Drop a line and let us know. Till then, Happy Crafting Folks!

Supplies Used: Click on the image to visit the product page on our website. 

18 comments:

  1. Oh this is so awesome..loved the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...beautiful topiary....and that table setting looks gorgeous....straight out of a Good Homes Magazine! Your guests must've been delighted!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow thanks Div.. yes even if the rest of my house looks like a hurricane hit it - the table looks great! Haha

      Delete
  3. wow Sunehra, Its beautiful...thanks for the tutorial...!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your table setting looks so fabulous!! Mine are always real simple! I have a small table to be able to do elaborate settings :)

    And the tutorial is awesome! The topiary looked difficult but its really so simple! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! It's super easy! Now you can make your table a little grander ya? Mine is long but narrow so I needed 2 to balance it out.

      Delete
  5. wowww...quite easy n interesting !

    ReplyDelete
  6. With little ones in the house how do you manage to make such an elegant table setting...stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Packed them off to their granny's is what I did! Hahah - my daughter will just pull the tablecloth once and thats the end of that!

      Delete
  7. wow...such adorable table setting,Sunehra!

    ReplyDelete