Welcome back to another Friday special with me Pooja.
Today I have step by step tutorial on how I made this card.
So let’s get started!
· Cut a white cardstock for card size – 4.6” X 6.6”
· I love to recycle and that’s why I decided to use the packaging insert of the Itsy Bitsy Boutique Elements flowers.
· These insets are quite thick and make such a lovely background.
· Now stamp and colour your chosen stamped image and using an oval or circle die cut around the image.
· Distress your diecut piece with distress inks.
· Turn your stamped and die cut image upside down.
· Add wet glue to the corners of the shape as shown above.
· Also cut out some crepe paper strip that’s about 1” wide.
· Now while making gathers just stick the crepe paper on the back of your oval piece.
· Go a full circle with the gathers.
· Once done you should have a pretty looking gathered frame for your card!
· Cut out any extra crepe paper that’s sticking out, so your frame looks even.
· Apply glue on the sides of the gathered lace.
· Now sprinkle some glitter over it, I am using silver since it looks great with pink.
· Here is your frame all full of sparkle!
· Next step is to align and adhere the background paper. Alternatively you can use some pattern paper.
· Now just tear up the side of the background paper we just adhered. Be random.
· Now add a rectangular die cut frame.
· I have distressed the frame here. I have used spellbinders die to cut out this frame.
· Now add some stamped and die cut clocks.
· Now layer some white mesh cloth (Surgical gauze) in the centre.
· Then add your frilled frame in the centre.
· Next add your embellishments. I am using Itsy bitsy – Antique fusion Party flowers and Antique fusion soft touch flowers.
· With some sizzix die cut flourish and stamped butterflies.
· Finally finish off the card by applying Gesso on the flowers.
· And then add a sentiment of your choice.
Here are some more pictures of the card.
I really adore these flowers ! They are made in India and are sturdy too.
That’s about it for today!
Hope you liked the tute! See u next month!