Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Spectacular Gift Wrappings

I think the origins of my love for craft began with wrapping gifts. I loved going over the top with dressing up my presents. Even if the gift itself wasn't much, I felt it made the experience of receiving a gift substantially more enjoyable when the gift itself was wrapped impeccably. So this blog post is all about spectacular gift wrappings. 


I have 2 gifts to present. For one I have created the gift box from pattern paper and dressed it up with ribbon, flowers and bows . For the other, I used a gift wrapping paper set from Itsy Bitsy which I draped over the gift box in a fairly unique way. I saw it done once at a toy store and it was so original I had to try it at home. So here's my first gift.


I used blue pattern paper combined with blue pearl card stock to create a custom made gift box. A neighbour had just had a baby so I was presenting some home made cookies in this box. Then I wrapped this stiff silver ribbon around and added a few extra loops to make an extravagant bow. As a final touch, I added a blue crochet flower from Itsy Bitsy and a few roses around the lid as well. 


 For my next gift, I picked up this wonderful gift wrapping paper set from Itsy Bitsy. It's simply marvellous as it comes with a substantial amount of paper, coordinated organza ribbon, a matching tag and matching tissue paper to make the inside look great too. All this for just Rs. 20!! Isn't that a steal! After draping the paper and tying the bow, I added some Itsy Bitsy flowers and embellishments to jazz it up a bit and voila! My gift was ready.

Do you share my love for spectacular gift wrappings? Would love to see your creations. Leave a comment and let us know! Till then Happy Crafting!!

Supplies Used

4 comments:

  1. love ur ideas Sunehra... the gorgeous large ribbon & the super smart fan like wrapping was jus great. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Sunehra ! These gift wrapped in a wonderful way are surely going to grab all the attention not only of the receiver but everyone around !Loved the large n gorgeous bow and the unique fan folding !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love the blue one...the tissue ribbon is awesome, so is the beautiful PP...

    ReplyDelete
  4. both are so beautiful sunehra, the price is unbelivable, heading to your online store

    ReplyDelete