Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Baskets for Easter!!


It's almost Easter and whether or not you celebrate it, it's always fun to nibble on an easter egg! Preferably a chocolate one filled with little marzipan treats. I wanted to get in on the easter fun so I decided to make a few baskets that could be used to present easter eggs. And here is my set of Easter Baskets!


Easter colours are the colours of spring - yellows, pinks, greens and more bright shades. So naturally my baskets followed this theme. I found this SUPER easy tutorial online to make the baskets and you have to try it - it's so so so so easy! 


The papers I used for the baskets are all from the DCWV Fresh Floral Stack which is just perfect for Easter!! Full of lovely floral pastels, I went nuts choosing from the designs. Once the basket shell was ready, I added this pretty frill with solid card stock using the Spell binders Asian Accents Die. This die set comes with a border die and some other embellishments. I thought the border worked wonderfully for my project.


Finally to fill the empty space inside the basket I relied on the brand new shredded tissue newly launched at ItsyBitsy. How perfect was it to fill up the space and also provide a nice nesting space for the little chocolate eggs!

Supplies Used

3 comments: