Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Easy DIY Upcycled Glass Jars with Fairy Dust


Hello everyone, it is Juhi here with another fun project. Easy upcycled crafts are my second most favorite things to do after making cards. I am very lazy and tend to pick up projects which are quick to do, so today I am sharing how I upcycled glass jars into these gorgeous, shimmery vases.

Procedure:


You will need:
  • Empty glass jars with all labels removed. Jam jars, pasta sause jars, pickle jars, juice bottles, beer bottles anything will do. I used a pasta sause jar, a juice bottle and a mason jar.
  • Double sided tacky tape, I used 2 thicknesses, one would also do
  • Itsy Bitsy Fairy Dust in various colors, I used 4 colors - Magenta, Lilac, Sheer Rose and Plum
Steps:
  • Create stripe patterns on the glass jars with the double sided tape. For my first jar I made a pattern of one thin and one broad stripe.
  • Peel off the top layer of all the thin strips.
  • Pour one color of Fairy dust onto the peeled of tape. Rotate the jar as you pour while ensuring even coverage.

  • Once all the stripes are covered evenly with fairy dust rub the glitter in with your fingers.
  • Shake off the excess glitter using a soft bristled brush
  • Now remove the topping of the remaining double sided tape and followed the steps listed above with another color, and your jar is ready! Wasn't that quick and easy!

Follow the same process for the other jars, you can experiment and get creative with the patterns. I used the patterns as shown in the picture above, these are pretty simple, there are so many other possibilities!


Here's jar number 2 with Sheer Rose and Lilac Fairy Dust.

Here's jar number 3 with Plum and Lilac Fairy Dust.

Fairy Dust shimmers beautifully! Here's a closer look


And here's how the jars look together....

Itsy Bitsy has a huge variety of fine quality of glitter, they come in the most amazing colors.
Here's another fun project that I did using glitter.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and it has inspired you to create something of your own!

Supplies Used:


2 comments:

  1. Juhi, these bottles are stunning, fun & easy to make. Would like to give these a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea Juhi !! the bottles look so elegant !!

    ReplyDelete