Friday, April 28, 2017

Watercolor cards with Say it Flowers stampset and Fairy Dust Glitter


Hello everyone, it's Juhi with some watercolor cards. I have used the beautiful "Say it with Flowers" Stamp set for today's cards. I have also used Fairy Dust in various colors on my cards.
As I have mentioned in my earlier posts, watercoloring is my favorite technique.


I started by stamping the flowers from the stampset on 3 watercolor panels cut to the size of my card fronts. I stamped randomly, taking care to change the orientation of the flowers and also stamp off the edges to create a random looking pattern. I stamped 2 panels with black pigment ink and 1 watercolor panel with gold pigment ink.


I then watercolored the area between the flowers on one of the watercolor panels with Crimson Mont Marte tube watercolors. I also added some red on the flowers.


For the second watercolor panel I watercolored the flowers in shades of blue, purple and yellow and added a mustard background.
For the 3rd panel I added some bright pink to the center of the flowers, I did not fill the flowers completely to create a messy watercolored look.
Now that I was happy with the watercoloring, it was time to add some glitter!!!
I used one of my favorite ways to add glitter to my projects, I used Itsy Bitsy's gorgeous fairy dust super fine glitter with double sided tacky tape. I will not go into the details of how I did it in this post as I was already shared the method in detail here and here.
Fairy Dust comes in a huge variety of colors so I could find just the right colors for my cards!!!
I finally stamped the sentiments and mounted the watercolor panels onto white cardstock with double sided foam tape! I just love how these cards turned out, I hope you will also give stamping and watercoloring a try, it's very easy and fun and the results are beautiful!!!
Thanks so much for stopping by today!



Supplies Used:


9 comments: