Thursday, April 6, 2017

Crafter in The Spotlight 44 - Itsy Bitsy

Hello arty-crafty folks,

The week rolled over and Thursday is here again! It’s time for me to introduce a talented crafter and her outstanding craft skills. This week’s chosen one is Aangee shah, who feels there is nothing else that makes her happier than crafting.

Aangee worked in a school for a year as an art and craft teacher but realised that it did not make her completely happy. She always wanted to establish her own identity and found crafting to be the perfect way to do it.


 How did Aangee get into crafting, what inspires her, what are her tips for fellow crafters, her favourite quote, how would she contribute to the crafting world if she had magical powers? Read answers to all these questions, discover more about her interesting journey and catch a glimpse of a step by step project by Aangee in this interview. Don't forget to leave your comments for her.




Here are excerpts of my interview with Aangee Shah:

Rashmi Closepet, MD, Itsy Bitsy: Tell us a bit about yourself & your background?
Angee Shah: I graduated from Gujarat University and have completed my M.Com. I worked for a year in a school as an art and craft teacher… but  that didn't give me the happiness that I was looking for although I had to work just on creativity. I always wanted my own identity and wanted to do something with my own name. For me, art and craft slowly turned to my day by day work from my hobby. Crafting gives me immense joy. Buying craft materials gives me more pleasure than buying cloths.
Crafting is my soul. From childhood I was a brilliant student in art and craft and even got many certificates for the same. I always wanted to be a painter and wanted people to know me by my art work. Thought not known as a painter, but I am known as a passionate crafter.  My strongest support for crafting comes from my sister, who always stands by my side for the same.

RC:    How did you get into crafting?
AS: I never thought of being a crafter. But suddenly one day I just started and tried my hands on an exploding box and then don't know what went into my mind and slowing I started creating more and more album cards. Playing with paper and glue made me go crazy and I wanted to create something new every day.

RC:    What is your favourite type of craft?
AS: My favourite is album making as I believe in creating memories. What can be better than an album that can store all those memories? However, nowadays I started playing with colours to get deep into mix media projects. My very 1st colour sprays were Itsy Bitsy colour splash…..

RC: What are your favourite products at Itsy Bitsy?
AS: Flowers, stamps, colour splash and the new release chalk paints are among some of my favourites.

I really want to thank Itsy Bitsy for providing such beautiful raw materials with which I can finish my projects… just amazing!!! Itsy Bitsy has become the regular shop for my craft things.

RC: If you had magical powers, how would you contribute to the Crafting world?
AS: If I had magical powers I would frankly make some money with crafting. I would also introduce the art of crafting to the world.

RC:   Your prized possession in your craft stash from Itsy Bitsy?
 AS: Those would be Chalk paints and Stamps. 

RC:   How would you describe your style of crafting?
AS: My way of working is just simple... I love to create something new every day. My style of creating means…it should give satisfaction after completion so that I get motivated to create more each day.

RC: How do you organize your time for crafting?
AS: I regularly work on crafting for 3-4 hours a day. I make a target and complete that too.

RC: Tips for people who want to craft
AS: Don't just wish to craft. Start it up. Because I believe if you want to craft, there are endless things to create.

RC: Your all -time favourite quote?
AS: It's my tag line.. " Spreading handmade love beyond boundaries "


 Here is a gorgeous project by Aangee  & step by step description:




Step 1: Collect goodies like stamps, distress ink, brush pen...all available at Itsy Bitsy store.



 Step 2: Stamp your choice of flowers and colour them with ink of your choice and cut them as shown.





Step 3: Blend in pigment ink on the white card stock as shown with the help of your blending tool. 


Step 4: Arrange the coloured cuttings of your stamped flowers and sentiment. Stick the card stock on your envelope. It's done....



Here are a couple of  Aangee's other awesome creations:






Many congrats Aangee for being the CRAFTER IN THE SPOTLIGHT – ITSY BITSY!!


You will receive Rs.500/- Itsy Bitsy gift voucher πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜Š & a Crafter in the Spotlight badge, which can be proudly displayed on the side bar of your blog and other platforms. Looking forward to many more creations, Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Aangee! LOVE your work--particularly in mixed media! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations & wishing lot more success on your creative journey!

    ReplyDelete