Friday, June 2, 2017

1 Stencil, 3 ways to create Card Backgrounds


Hello everyone, it's Juhi, I'm sharing how to use one stencil to create 3 different looks.




Look 1:



For the first background I began by placing the stencil onto white cardstock and applying distress inks to create a ink blended background. I used 4 colors in shades of red, orange and yellow.
Starting with red at the bottom I worked my way up to to yellow.
After removing the stencil I repeated the same process, this time over the entire cardstock. This created a muted, stenciled background. Finally I sprinkled some water onto the background and dabbed it with a piece of tissue paper.

Look 2:

I followed the same steps to create the second stenciled background. In this background I carefully placed the stencil back in place on the cardstock and outlined the leaves with a black pen. This gave a nice defined look.

Look 3:



For the third background, I masked out few leaves of the stencil with washi tape and applied distress ink over the remaining leaves. Following which I removed the washi tape one by one from each leaf and inked them with a different, darker color.
I finally created cards using the 3 backgrounds, I diecut a window in the middle of background 1 and mounted it on white cardstock base with double sided foam tape after stamping the sentiment.

I stamped the sentiment on a piece of black die cut cardstock and stuck it on top of background 2, and finally mounted the background panel on black cardstock.
For the third card, I stamped the sentiment onto the diecut piece from the 1st card and mounted on top of background 3.

Supplies Used:


"

Leaf Stencil
Shop at:
Itsy Bitsy
" Non-stick Craft Sheet
Non-stick Craft Sheet
Shop at:
Itsy Bitsy
Card Stock - Bright White
Card Stock - Bright White
Shop at:
Itsy Bitsy
Dream Cut Machine
Dream Cut Machine
Shop at:
Itsy Bitsy
Acrylic Stamping Block
Acrylic Stamping Block
Shop at:
Itsy Bitsy
Pigment Ink Pad - Black
Pigment Ink Pad - Black
Shop at:
Itsy Bitsy
ADHESIVE SCRAPBOOKING GLUE
ADHESIVE SCRAPBOOKING GLUE
Shop at:
Itsy Bitsy
Clear Stamps - Jumbo Wishes
Clear Stamps - Jumbo Wishes
Shop at:
Itsy Bitsy
Mini Distress Pad - Festive Berries
Mini Distress Pad - Festive Berries
Shop at:
Itsy Bitsy
Thin Cut Dies - Square
Thin Cut Dies - Square
Shop at:
Itsy Bitsy
Mini Distress Pad - Fossilized
Mini Distress Pad - Fossilized
Shop at:
Itsy Bitsy
Distress Ink Pad - Spiced Marmalade
Distress Ink Pad - Spiced Marmalade
Shop at:
Itsy Bitsy
Washi Tape - Floral Flowers
Washi Tape - Floral Flowers
Shop at:
Itsy Bitsy
ADHESIVE FOAM DBL SIDED TAPE
ADHESIVE FOAM DBL SIDED TAPE
Shop at:
Itsy Bitsy

6 comments: