Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Paper Crafting Medley- A Crafter's Delight

Hello Crafty folks,

 I received the Paper Medley- Olivia from Itsy Bitsy. I was pleasantly surprised, thank you team IB for the same. This is my first Guest DT post ever. I would like to thank Rashmi  and Anitha for the opportunity.  

My creations with Paper Crafting Medley - Olivia



I have seen a lot of posts using chalk paint, but wondered  how it would work as a wash. Took a small amount of Sailing Sky and watered it down. As you can see, the background which is a Monte Marte canvas has been given a color wash.


Made a tentative layout before actually gluing things down. I didn't want to use all the elements for a single project. I cut down the burlap doily and used a quarter.


Next,I changed the color of  few leaves in the set. I dabbed some Tattered Lace chalk paint with an ink blending foam and voila! the leaves looked so different. Sorry I have no pictures of the leaves. I used the same technique to dab a stamp and stamped randomly. The brick stencil was used to stencil one corner.The chipboard was altered with the same color.


Now time to assemble. Used IB silicon glue to glue everything. Hope you like the final outcome.


Now coming  to the rest of the elements . These are a couple of ideas just to show how versatile the collection is and different ways in which it can be used. You can make a small canvas magnet and add a quote to personalize it. Decorate a mason jar and fill it with homemade preserve and gift it to your new neighbor.  Notice I used the half piece of burlap  Doily and tied it using Naturals . I die cut a piece from the burlap sheets set from my stash to add to the lid.





Thank you for stopping by. Please leave your feedback it would make me happy :) . 
Thanks
Swathi

Supplies used 


Paper Crafting Medley - Olivia 24pcs


Home Decor Chalk Paint - Sailing Sky

 

              Stencil - Brick


SILICON LIQUID GLUE 30 ML IB

1 comment:

  1. It's nice how you have worked with limited resources out here and came up with two different and pretty looking project. Personally, I loved the use of burlap on top of the jar. The jar in itself is really cute. Thanks for the tutorial !!

    ReplyDelete