Monday, July 24, 2017

Layouts with itsy bitsy handmade flowers


Hello! Crafty friends,

Today I am posting two layouts as a GDT post for Itsy Bitsy....but before that, first I want to say 'Thank You' to Rashmi and Anitha of Itsy Bitsy for sending me beautiful flower kits. When I saw those flower kits.. I immediately thought of using them in layouts...so here I am.. I have made two layouts keeping in mind...one for my daughter and one for my son.


Layout for my daughter:



Closeup view of the flowers.



Clear crackle texture effect 


Closer view

#1. For the base of the layout I have used 12"x12"thick MDF.

#2. Then I have covered the MDF with scrapbooking paper.

#3. I have used clear crackle texture paste and stencil to add texture on three corners.

#4. For my main layout base, I have used MS punch boarder, cream cardstock in 6.75" x 8.50". I again layered that with pattern papers in different styles with distress edges and distressed with vintage photo distress ink. Used doily cut in half and used them on side and top with distressed edges.

#5. In the centre I have used square chipboard frame which I have covered with cosmic glitter shimmers. I have used vintage photo of a little girl in the middle of the frame.

#6 . To decorate my layout I have used Little Birdie's Paper Crafting Medley, linen paper, handmade roses from Itsy Bitsy. I love these flower kits as they come as a complete pack for embellishing projects. Each one includes different combination of flowers, doilies, chipboard shapes, leaves, wire pollen and more.

#7. Finally decorated using laces, pearls, glass charms, metal charms, resin Angels, stamped butterflies and stamped sentiments from my stash.

#8. For 'Smile' I have used 4 layers of  black diecuts which I have stuck together to give a thick MDF look.


Layout for my son:






Closer view


#1. I have used 12"x12" thick chipboard for my base. Then covered that with a retro series pattern paper.

#2. I have used two layers of pattern papers one light at the base and dark one on top...did little distressing in few places.

#3. Then I have used texture paste with stencil to give texture looks on three sides.

#4. In the left-hand side, I have used lace and pattern paper from top to bottom.

#5. For the centre layout I have used pattern paper with distress edges and distressed with vintage photo distress ink. Used chipboard shape included in the flower kit after heat embossing with white glitter embossing powder and used a vintage photo of a boy.

#6. To decorate my layout I have used doily diecuts, flowers from Little Birdie's Paper Crafting Medley, stamped and glittered butterflies, pearls, metal charms, chipboard shapes, stamped and layered sentiments.

#7. For all the chipboards used in this layout I have heat embossed using white glitter embossing powder.

Hope you liked the project..I really enjoyed doing these. Thank you.

Love n hugs

Daksha

Supplies used: flowers from Itsy bitsy





Paper Crafting Medley - Bryony 7pcs



Angel Rose - Coral Blend 8pcs




SILICON LIQUID GLUE 30 ML IB

Curly Rose - Pink 30mm, 12pcs







6 comments: