Saturday, February 23, 2013

A Masculine Musical Card

It's not easy to create a masculine card - no butterflies, flowers, lace and other pretty little trims that are the essence of our creations. So this post is all about making a manly card and I've used the ItsyBitsy Music Embossing folder for the project.



First of all the color scheme is black and white - no pretty pinks and lavenders. Then the embossed design is music bars and signs. That's neutral and not particularly feminine. Finally, get a load of that bow. Those who are familiar with my work know that I just have to add a bow to most of my projects so this time I made it a 'manly' bow. Watch my video tutorial to see how I created it. 



This is the inside of the card. I embossed the music bar design on the top and bottom and added this beautiful sentiment. It's from one of my favorite Neil Diamond songs and reads:

You are the sun,
I am the moon, 
You are the words,
I am the tune,
Play me... 

Isn't it just beautiful... LOVE IT! Here's the video tutorial of how I made this card. You can use the same technique of using sketch pens on embossed designs with any embossing folder. It's a great way to add your personal touch to a card project.


Thanks for watching and would love to hear your comments and views on this card. 

Supplies Used:
Black Card Stock 
Connector Sketch Pens
Music Embossing Folder
Grosgrain Ribbon
White Card Stock

Big Shot 

16 comments:

  1. Great post....its really appreciating work.thanks for sharing..!! Plastic card printing

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous!! Making a masculine card is not that easy and it doesn't always come out so good!! But this one that you have made is very 'handsome' :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever way to create an masculine card ...it looks so classy and i love the sentiment you have used inside ...those words are perfect for this card ...everything about this card clicks!! ...I just loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Hussena - thanks so much. It was really fun to do.

      Delete
  4. Such elegant masculine card, Sunehra...Love those words...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sathya, you know it's from a Neil Diamond song and it is so pretty. You gotta listen to it. It's called Play Me.

      Delete
  5. This is so cute, especially the masculine touch to the bow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you liked it! I like it best about the card.

      Delete