Sunday, February 17, 2013

Baby Scrapbook - First Words and First Teeth

In continuation of my previous posts on the baby scrapbook I am making for a dear friend, here are the pages I completed last night which were Baby's First Words and Baby's first Teeth. 



I wanted some bling on this page so I used the ItsyBitsy Oval Die with a sheet of glitter paper to create these little panels to add the baby's toothy photos. I placed some lovely alpha stickers on tooth cut-outs to create the title of this page. Finally I packed the frames with all the adorable baby embellishments from ItsyBitsy which are just a delight to use. Check out the 'Supplies Used' section at the bottom of the post to see what I used.


Since the preceding page was so heavily embellished I went clean and simple for the following one - the First Words Page. I started with this gorgeous and extremely relevant pattern paper from ItsyBitsy. It's doubled sided, blue on one side and pink on the other, and it's covered with little alphabets almost like a crossword. The great thing about shopping for pattern paper from ItsyBitsy is that you can choose only the design you want, not an entire pack. I chose blue for the base and pink for the border which I cut using my rotary cutter. The rotary cutter is great as it comes with 3 blades offering 3 options for paper edging. Then for the title of the page, I created a wallhanging effect by threading some cord through ItsyBitsy letters and ItsyBitsy buttons. Isn't it cute!!


I made a collage of all the embellishments used on these 2 pages. Don't you love the twine bows and the cute little baby embellishments? I think they're all so irresistible! 

The book is slowly reaching its end and I'm having a wonderful time doing it. Have you made as scrapbook recently? We'd love to see it. Leave a comment and let us know.

Supplies Used:


10 comments:

  1. This is so awesome Sunehra!! Loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those teeth are adorable..did you cut with the Silhouette? Kuttu recently lost her first teeth ..it was a big family affair and I fell into the tooth fairy trap.Now that its a regular happening the tooth fairy is making me go bankrupt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He Sonia... thanks... yes they are silhouette cut.. but the shape is pretty easy for hand cutting too... My kids are some way off from losing their teeth although my daughter lost one at 6 months! After her brother gave her a little shove and she fell on her face!!

      Delete
  3. Lovely Sunehra...I can see the thought process involved in each n every page...!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Prachi, yes a lot of thought goes into each page.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Ya - can't go wrong with such cute embellishments.

      Delete
  5. Those are like awesome pages...the one with teeth..super cute!! The wall hanging is so adorable!!
    I just finished mine...and finally at ease!! would love for you to drop by and see it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks so much Tejal - Heading over to your blog right now!

      Delete