Saturday, October 5, 2013

There's Still Time to Play in our Pretty P Challenge - Get Inspired with Baby Shower Party Favours


We're running a fun challenge this month called 'The Pretty P Challenge'. You can create anything you like as long as it has at least 2 of the four Ps - Pink, Pearls, Pattern Paper and Posy. A friend and I were hosting our dear friend Sowmya's baby shower today and I decided to create party favours keeping the Pretty P Challenge in mind. So what did I create? A party favour box, shaped like a baby shoe and filled with yummy home made chocolates!!!


Here's a look at the shoe by itself. I used some lovely designs from the French Country Stack which is full of pinks and blues, perfect for a baby project. I cut out the template by hand and then it was pretty easy to put together the shoe. Once everything was glued in place, I did not care for the join that appeared on the side, so using my magnetic twist trimmer, I glued a little strip to conceal the join. I replicated this on the other side, so that it was symmetric. I laced the shoe with ribbon with a bow at the end and finished with a rim of pearls. To comply with the 'posy' requirement, I added a pretty rose in the centre. 


I wanted to add some home made chocolates inside and was delighted to find that Itsy Bitsy had everything I needed. They had moulds to make the chocolate, paper to wrap it and convenient twists to keep the wrapping in place. They had all this in a variety of colours and of course I chose pink and blue to comply with my colour scheme. I stuffed them inside my little paper shoe with some net fabric which gave the appearance of socks peeking out of the shoe. Here's a look at the chocolates inside the shoe.


Would you like to make the shoe yourself? Here's the template I used. Cut on the lines and fold on the dotted lines, it's quite straightforward.


Still confused? No worries, I've put together a video tutorial on how I created this shoe, so watch this space for a step by step instruction set. I'm in the process of editing it and will publish it very soon. It not only shows how I made the shoe but also demonstrates how to use the Magnetic Twist Trimmer from We R Memory Keepers.
How do you like my little party favours? Would love to hear your thoughts!! Looking forward to it!

Supplies Used:

27 comments:

  1. very beautiful Sunehra.. the shoe shape is perfect!!
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooo cute....the baby bootie looks sooo wearable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it! My little girl actually wanted to wear them and I was like 'Nooooo!!!'

      Delete
  3. Lovely.... Such a sweet thing it is..... The to be mommy wud have been pleasantly surprised

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its pretty Sunehra !! I loved the cute shoe shape a lot !

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww..those little booties just melt my heart!!! so so cute! :) Superb idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very very pretty!! thanks for the template...

    ReplyDelete
  7. so cuteeeeeeee. lovely thnx for template

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have seen lots of papercrafted baby shoes on the net but yours are my fav!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG that's quite a compliment, thanks so much Sonia!

      Delete
  9. the shoes are very attractive and thanks for sharing the template sunehra

    ReplyDelete
  10. looks oh so cute.. and realistic too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't though! They came out quite perfect I think :)

      Delete
  11. so cute... loved the shape sunehra ..thanks for sharing the template..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would love to see your take on it Radhika! Enjoy!

      Delete
  12. Just adorable and great tutorial. Look forward to viewing more of your creations.
    Roberta
    New York USA

    ReplyDelete
  13. I made some, with my own flare. But I couldn't get the template any larger. Not big enough to add candy.

    ReplyDelete