Thursday, October 10, 2013

Baby Shower Party Decorations with Itsy Bitsy


Those of you who have been following my last few posts know that I have been immersed in planning my dear friend Sowmya's birthday party. I made the party invitations in the shape of a diaper which you can view here, the take-away gifts in the shape of a baby bootie which you can view here and now it's time to share the decorations for the party. Once again ItsyBitsy proved to have everything I needed making the entire event quite thematic and pretty. 


My first order of business was a wall bunting made of pattern paper. I found a simple baby vest template online and then cut each paper following this template. I made about ten of them in varying designs all from the DCWV French Country Stack. I laced them together with some blue satin ribbon from Itsy Bitsy and tied a bold pretty bow in the centre of each vest. Isn't it adorable! Then using some blue tack I adhered it to the wall. The great thing about blue tac is that it doesn't leave any residue. You can just peel it off when you're done. 


Next I got to work on the table pieces. I wanted to make a flower pot with baby themed flowers. The pot itself was easy enough to do, it was just a box with a scallop edge, that I created using my rotary trimmer. For the flowers, I used varying sizes of scallop circle and plain circle die cuts, all from Itsy Bitsy. I alternated blue corrugated paper with pink card stock to make each flower. Itsy Bitsy has the most adorable baby embellishments so the centre for each circle had a different baby sticker. Some are even catered to pregnant women. A craft stick kept it in place and natural hay filled the pot. As a final touch, I added a ribbon with a floral centre for the base. I made about 5 of these and placed them on my dining table and side tables along with a rectangular doily to add to the theme. 


As a final decoration, I made some pompoms using kite paper from ItsyBitsy. I made about 15 of them and dangled them in little clusters of 3 all over the room. I have to say that my photos didn't do justice to the room, it really looked much prettier than this. 

All the guests oohed and aahhed over the decorations, marvelling at my creativity and patience, but they don't know what you, my fellow crafters know - crafting is our greatest pleasure right! Of course my husband brought me back to earth. He walked in after the party with all the decorations in place, literally dangling above his head and didn't notice anything - not a word did he say!

What are your thoughts on my baby shower decorations - I'm itching to know! Leave a comment and tell me! Till then Happy Crafting!!

Supplies Used

14 comments:

  1. fabulous decorations sunehra, each and every element is beautiful and particularly the baby dress banner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks so much Shylaa - it all worked out so well!

      Delete
  2. very beautiful decorations Sunehra... I'm sure your friend was more than happy :) love the baby vest banner.. very beautiful!!
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's fabulous! I think you did a great great job. Don't worry too much about the husband not saying anything, they are all the same :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the bunting and the flower pots..no wonder guest loved them a lot !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Pooja! The flower pots also came out nice! Really added to the theme

      Delete
  5. its outstanding sunehra...love the wall bunting ,flower pots and the pompoms..baby's vests with ribbon is cute...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic idea. I just loved the pot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo! So glad to hear it! I put so much effort into those pots!

      Delete
  7. Great Ideas, I love the flower pots a lot :) also I am ur new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot and welcome aboard Deepti! Hope you find our projects interesting and inspiring!

      Delete