Friday, July 4, 2014

TGIF with Pooja - gift cones tutorial

Hi everyone ! 
It's Pooja back with another TGIF post ! 
I hope u had a good week and are gearing up for the weekend ahead ! 

Today I have a tutorial for you ! 
I made something CAS (Clean And Simple) this time. 
Some gift cones ! 
Let's check it out 
I just made some Gift cones for my friends with some tasty Indian toffies inside.
People here really love those sweet and sour Indian Imli toffies. {Me included!}

So I decided to pack them in some cute cones! 

As you can see they are  Clean and Simple (CAS) this time.
I have stamped and coloured the image for the flowers on two of the cones.
And I have used some itsy bitsy butterflies on the other two!
I really love how they turned out!

So lets see how I made them. 


·         Take a 12 x 12 pattern paper and cut it into 4 equal squares. Each square gives you 1 cone.


·         Keep the paper as shown above (Right side down) and fold over the left side. 


·         Glue on the right side of the paper as shown. You can use a tape runner too but I am using a wet glue . 


·         Now glue over the right side of the paper over the left and form your cone. 


·         Think about how u want to embellish your cones. I decided to use the Sizzix Framlits Die & Stamp Set – Garden flowers . This is a wonderful die set which contains lovely cling rubber stamps with coordinating dies.
·         After I stamped my flower image I coloured it using alcohol markers , Itsy bitsy has a good variety of alcohol markers if you want to check them out.

·         Once coloured just die cut your stamped image! J


·         My next step was to fill the cone with my Imli candies.


·         Once done flip the cones over and stick the die cut images on the top corner with glue. 


·         Again flip the cone over again and close the flap over to see how it looks.

·         Now add a glue dot underneath the die cut and secure the flap.

·         After that add the sentiment banner. Here I have used left over banners from a Pattern paper I had.


·         Meanwhile with the same technique I made 2 more cones but with the lovely butterflies from the Gardenia Party .


Here are some more pictures



Isn’t that a wonderful way to share some love?
I always enjoy packing my gifts however small they are with innovative tricks.
Which is always fun to receive!
Hope that I have inspired you enough to try your hands on this simple technique.
See u on another Friday!
Cheers!


Supplies : 



2 comments: