Friday, September 9, 2016

"Home is where I am with you" - A Mixed Media Layout

Hello Friends,

Remya here with a mixed media layout.

What is mixed media? For me; it is a place where we can use available mediums and embellishments to create something beautiful, which you would cherish.


Here a cake base has been recycled. It can be painted using Paint brush and acrylic paints. But this time I tried out Spray paints from Itsy Bitsy. Itsy Bitsy has got a wide variety of spray paints and I chose brown to get a rustic feel. You can see it has given a rustic look to the background all together. 



Caution : A point to be noted while spray painting is to ensure that you paint only the substrate and not the grills and surroundings as I did. :) Keeping couple of sheets of newspaper behind would really help the cause.

Next came the background papers. I chose a vintage brown colour - Burnt Sienna to go well with the rustic texture given to the background. Tore the edges randomly and dabbed with brown acrylic paint. This gives a burnt look to the edges. Wound twine around the length of the paper for a texture.



In search of a focal picture , I ended up with a cute little picture of Mom and Daughter. I decoupaged it to a canvas board. The  edges were again dry brushed using Mont Marte Dimension paint  ( Pearl Yellow). This is one paint I would recommend all of you to try. The rich , creamy , velvety paint will steal your heart away. It gave such a golden shimmer that I ended up smudging the edges of my background Pattern Paper too.






Once the base was finalized I stuck them up together using silicon glue. Now this glue has become my "all time" favorite. I lost track of the things I have fixed using it. 


Now lets move to the embellishment part. Everyone those who have visited Itsy Bitsy would agree with me that we are spoiled by choices on the varieties of embellishments it has in store. Wanting the substrate and the embellishments to be in perfect sync with each other, gave a coat of dimension paint to the chip boards (flowers and damask) too. 


Flowers are something to die for. Itsy Bitsy has a huge collection of flowers, again spoilt by choices available. I arranged them till I was happy with it. Stuck them up with the Silicon Glue. Even gave a sprinkle of micro beads for the rustic effect.


A few close up pictures given below for you all to see the details.







Hope you all enjoyed this detailed picture heavy post till the end. See you soon with something new a wonderful .

Materials Used :



Hugs

To check my previous blog posts with Itsy Bitsy - click here








13 comments:

  1. Loved the layout & thank you so much for the step by step pictures. Must try the dimensional paint!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch dear :) Dimension Paints are my new fav acrylic colors now!

      Delete
  2. Absolutely beautiful, loved the Rustic look & the detailed tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rashmi . Coming from you means a lot to me :)

      Delete
  3. lovely layout Remya..i love all the elements..chipboard designs, flowers and layers..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous layout....n a balanced outcome....Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous layout....n a balanced outcome....Lovely

    ReplyDelete