Thursday, September 1, 2016

Crafter In The Spotlight 13 - Itsy Bitsy

Hello friends!! Itsy Bitsy brings you "CRAFTER IN THE SPOTLIGHT" – a unique way of encouraging and appreciating the talented crafters. We recognize talented crafters week after week, turn the spotlight on them & feature them in our "CRAFTER IN THE SPOTLIGHT"! We love what you talented crafters create & are amazed at each of your unique creations every single day! We love the way you use Itsy Bitsy products & give life to those products.

I am delighted to announce this week's crafter in the spotlight - September, 2016 - "ARCHANA SHETTY"! Ever since we started this program, we have been featuring Paper Crafters, week after week & for the first time we are showcasing a crafter who specializes in something slightly different, stunning jewellery! Archana, who likes to call herself a "True Blue Bengalurean", is a post graduate in computer applications! Although Archana made her foray into the creative world through drawing, sketching & recycled craft, quilling is her forte & designing quilled jewellery is what she is very passionate about! This committed crafter makes it a point to craft at least 4 hours every single day!

Wow, that is admirable! What would Archana do if she had magical powers? To know more about Archana, what inspires her & her all time favorite quote, please read her interesting interview below. 

Here are excerpts of my interview with Archana:

Rashmi Closepet, MD, Itsy Bitsy  Tell us a bit about yourself?
Archana Vasant : I am Archana, 27 years old and true blue Bengalurian. I have done my Post Graduation in Computer Applications. I am a happy housewife for the last 5 years and live with my loving husband Vasant and adorable son Inith. I am crafting for the last 3 years and I am thoroughly enjoying it.

RC: How did you get into crafting?
AV: I entered the craft world through drawing. As a kid, I loved drawing. Over the years, the interest spilled over to crafting. Initially, I used to reuse plastic bottles and transform them into pen stands, flower vases etc. I used to makeover thermocol pieces, carton boxes into photo frames. I then moved onto making quilled jewelry. Constant encouragement of friends made me take it even more seriously.

RCWhat is your favourite type of craft?
AVDesigning quilled ear rings, Jhumkas and necklaces are my favourite types of crafts.

RCWhat are your favourite products at Itsy Bitsy?
AVThe colorful collection of quilling strips catches my eyes every time I enter the store.
I like the feathers, beads, and organza ribbon available at Itsy Bitsy too.

RCWhat products from Itsy Bitsy do you think are must haves for a crafter?
AVEvery crafter should try the decoupage sheets and varieties of glue available at Itsy bitsy. Decoupage sheets and Decoupage glue are a must if one wants to design clean and neat looking craft.

RCWhat product would you like to see at Itsy Bitsy?
AVI would like to see more of Craft punch and Terracotta beads at ItsyBitsy.

RCYou draw inspiration from?
AVMy family is my inspiration. In my childhood, my parents encouraged my interest in drawing by getting me all that I asked for. And now, my husband is a pillar of support. Without his support, I surely wouldn’t have pursued this hobby this far. My husband is the biggest critique of my designs too. His feedback always helps me in improving my work.

RCWhat are your other interests?
AVApart from crafting, my few other interests are collecting stamps and invitation cards.
I try to utilize the designs of the invitation cards to design Photo frames.

RCIf you had magic power how would you contribute to the crafting world?
AVIf I had magic power, I would instill a sense of crafting in the tender minds of all the children of the world. I strongly believe that crafting is creativity and creativity helps in making humans more empathetic.

RCYour prized possession in craft stash?
AVLike a mother who loves all her kids equally, I treat every single craft item in my stash as a prized possession.

RCHow would you describe your style of crafting?
AVMy craft work has three important traits. 1> Clean finish. 2> Enticing looks and 3> A sense of belongingness.  No wonder, I constantly get repeat orders from my patrons.

RCHow do you organize your time for crafting?
AVI spend 4 hours for crafting every single day. In spite of being a busy housewife, my passion for crafting has helped me pull time for crafting. Crafting helps me unwind and where there is a will, there is always a way. Generating time is closely linked to one’s passion and commitment in my view.

RCTips for people who want to craft?
AVJust one tip. Don’t wait. Start and Start now. 

RCYour all-time favorite quote?
AVIt’s a George Bernard Shaw quote that is my favorite. “Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine, and at last, you create what you will”

Here are a couple of Archana's awesome creations :


Many congrats Archana for being the CRAFTER IN THE SPOTLIGHT – ITSY BITSY :-) :-)

You will receive Rs 500/- Itsy Bitsy gift voucher :-) :-) & a Crafter in the Spotlight badge, which can be proudly displayed on the side bar of your blog and other platforms.
Also, visit our Youtube channel to view & to know more about this crafter – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTASWgS6as4 

Looking forward to many more creations, Happy Crafting!

6 comments:

  1. congratulations Archana Shetty! Love your work and happy to know more about you !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats..
    Great Talent...such beautiful work..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed a pleasure getting to know you better! Love your amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some brilliant quilled jhumkas...Congs!! D spotlight is indeed urs

    ReplyDelete