Thursday, January 19, 2017

Crafter in The Spotlight 33 - Itsy Bitsy

Hello arty-crafty Folks, It’s Thursday!!! Once again I have returned with a talented crafter as usual. This week it’s Richa Maurya; a doctor and a budding crafter on the spotlight. 

Although, Richa’s journey in the world of craft has just begun, she is highly inspired to learn more, explore every creative niche and share her experience with others. Richa’s craft venture started with quilling but now card making is her passion. The CAS style is something that she prefers over intricate work due to time constraints. She does not intend stopping at that and firmly believes …“The sky has no limits”. 

Itsy Bitsy is part of Richa’s stepping stone into the world of crafting fervour as it was the very first craft store she bought her supplies from. Her passion towards craft is mounting by the day and she can’t wait to finish every craft project she starts. 

How did Richa get into crafting, what are her tips for fellow crafters, her favourite quote, how would she contribute to the crafting world if she had magical powers?? To know the answer to these, to know more about her interesting journey and to see a step by step project of hers, please read the interview & leave your comments for her.


Here are excerpts of my interview with Richa Maurya:

Rashmi Closepet, MD, Itsy BitsyTell us a bit about yourself & your background?
Richa MauryaFirst of all, I would like to thank Rashmi Harish and whole Itsy Bitsy team for giving me this golden opportunity!! I am really excited to be here and this recognition means a lot to me. Especially because it's coming from my first ever craft store, Itsy Bitsy. I am Richa hailing from Patna, Bihar. By profession I am a doctor. I have just completed my M.B.B.S. and am waiting for PG counselling. 

RC: How did you get into crafting?
RM: I wasn't much of a crafter before. But last year I came across the art of quilling while making a present for mom on Mother's Day. It intrigued me how just a piece of paper could be turned into something so beautiful and mesmerising. That’s how I started my journey. Soon, I created a blog to share my work. Due to studies I wasn't able to quill much, as it takes a lot of time. Therefore I focused more on card making. It has been only eight months since the birth of a ‘New me’. So getting an opportunity to be in this spotlight is a very motivating indication that my work is being liked by people other than me ;)

RC: What is your favourite type of craft?
RM: As I am a newbee, so there is still a lot to explore. But till date my favourite type of craft is card making.

RC: What are your favourite products at Itsy Bitsy?
RM: I love everything from Itsy Bitsy. I love the awesome collection of Stamps, Stencils, Inks, Laces… to name just a few.

RC: If you had magical powers, how would you contribute to the Crafting world?
RM: I would open More Itsy Bitsy Stores…at least one in each state capital. So that everyone can avail the Itsy Bitsy awesomeness.

RC: Your prized possession in your craft stash from Itsy Bitsy?
RM: No doubt my Silicone Glue. Love it for making mixed media projects. (I am eagerly waiting when this answer changes to Big Shot).

RC: How would you describe your style of crafting?
RM: I am not set on a particular style yet. I love making mixed media cards as much as I love making CAS. Still exploring and learning.

RC: How do you organize your time for crafting?
RM: Actually, haven't been able to organize that yet! I do it whenever I feel ‘craft thirsty’. But once I get started, I can't leave till I have finished it. Organising time is going to be my New Year resolution.

RC: Tips for people who want to craft.
RM: You don't need expensive tools to begin with. Just a few things found normally in every household and a creative mind is enough to get you started! Create something beautiful and spread the handmade goodness.

RC: Your all -time favourite quote?
RM: “The sky has no limits”.


Here is a gorgeous project by Richa & step by step description:

Today I am gonna share a Mixed Media Card. 

To make this card I began with a White Cardstock and gave it a coat of Gesso. To add some texture I applied Texture Paste through Honeycomb and Script Stencils from Itsy Bitsy. 


Next, I sprayed some tea extract to give it a vintage look and added black paint via dropper to bring out the honeycomb design. Distressed the edges with scissors and applied Black Pigment Ink to the distressed edges. Distressed the edeges with Vintage Distress Ink.


Then I collected all the embellishments that I wanted to add to my card. 

The Butterfly Stamp is from Itsy Bitsy, Courtyard Fauna Clear stamp.
The beautiful lace is also from Itsy Bitsy which I colored with vintage Distress Ink. The Corrugated sheet is from the packaging material which covered a gift sent to me by Itsy Bitsy (Even scraps from Itsy Bitsy are useful:)). The flower is handmade. And the sentiment is a print out. Finally assembled all the elements and added the Cardstock to the final card base.


Here is the final card. The sentiment is Distressed Pink to stand out representing "the change".


Hope you like it. Happy Crafting!!

Here are a couple of Richa’s other awesome creations:







Many congrats Richa for being the CRAFTER IN THE SPOTLIGHT – ITSY BITSY


You will receive Rs.500/- Itsy Bitsy gift voucher ๐Ÿ˜Š ๐Ÿ˜Š & a Crafter in the Spotlight badge, which can be proudly displayed on the side bar of your blog and other platforms. Looking forward to many more creations, Happy Crafting!

9 comments:

  1. This means the world to me..Thanks a lot for this opportunity..Thank you Itsy-Bitsy..
    Love
    Richa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Richa! Your Mixed media project is very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vinita Di...So glad that you liked it..:)
      Love
      Richa

      Delete
  3. Congrats Richa...Love your projects..You are right there should be atleast one Itsy bitsy store in every state..Being from Bangalore we are blessed to have 3-4 in Bangalore itself...that too near to my home in J.P Nagar..:) and I bought my precious possession i.e. my Big Shot from here only almost 3 years back which I carried all the way from Bangalore to UK...;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deepti..I am waiting When I would get to visit one..Most probably the Delhi one..
      Love
      Richa

      Delete
  4. Congratulations, Richa. It was such a pleasure reading your interview and knowing you better. Your mixed media card is gorgeous, and so are all your other works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jasleen..for your constant support..
      Love
      Richa

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you Priyanka...Glad that you liked it..
      Love
      Richa

      Delete