Wednesday, January 11, 2017

"Love" -Mixed Media Box


Hello, My Dear ItsyBitsy followers and crafty peeps.....

            Happy New Year to you all.

I am here today  to inspire with my Debut project with you for the challenge. I am so thrilled and happy to be amongst the awesome team, Thanks a lot to Rashmi for the offer once again.

Here is my project, a sweet little heart shaped box from the store. And it's no secret that I love mixed media and altering, so here how it is looking after altering it.



Mont Marte white Gesso and modelling paste are to die for....if you love mixed media and stencilling on your project, then I Say just grab a bottle of modelling paste from the store.......no doubt, you will definitely love it,..trust me...

I have used color splash sprays, once after the gesso coat dried completely...

I used gears and cogs chipboard in my project, they are just amazing and the new designs launched in chipboards at Itsy Bitsy are meant to be in every crafters collection. What are you waiting for......???


Here, i have cut a piece of cog chipboard to half and tiny flower to balance the composition.
The texture on the sides of the box is just by tapping on the modelling paste with a palate knife, it gives a rough textured look to the sides of the box.
The white transparent glass beads are mixed with gesso and modelling paste and then applied on box in required places.

Tip : You can mix any glass beads or sequins to the gesso and modelling paste to make your custom texture paste....

The final touch to this project is done using dry brush technique with montmarte gold metallic acrylic color.

 Do leave some love and give it a try if you are inspired, Keep visiting the blog for more inspiration from my teamies. we would like to see all your fabulous creations. And do not forget to take part in this month's challenge at Itsybitsy blog ( to be announced very soon - stay tuned ),you can win some amazing goodies too.

Supplies used from the store:

Mont Marte - gold metallic acrylic color
color splash sprays - 
          paprika
          berry blast
          gold-rush

     Thanks for stopping by,
Love....
Roshini

13 comments: