Thursday, March 23, 2017

Crafter in The Spotlight 42 - Itsy Bitsy


Weeks roll over so quickly, it’s Thursday once again and time to take a peek into another crafter’s story and her creations. Today I will introduce you to our weekly ‘Crafter in the Spotlight’. This week our talented crafter in the limelight is Rutuja Paranjape.

Now a full time mom, Rutuja is an MBA in Finance and has also worked as a graphic designer for a while. Even as a school girl, Rutuja always had a passion for art and craft.

She simply loves shopping from Itsy Bitsy and still remembers her first shopping experience from the store. Itsy Bitsy handmade flowers are among her favourites but she admires all kind of merchandise available at Itsy Bitsy.


How did Rutuja get into crafting, what inspires her, what are her tips for fellow crafters, her favourite quote, how would she contribute to the crafting world if she had magical powers? Read answers to all these questions, discover more about her interesting journey and catch a glimpse of a step by step project by Rutuja in this interview. Don't forget to leave your comments for her.


Rashmi Closepet, MD, Itsy Bitsy: Tell us a bit about yourself & your background?

RP: I would really like to thank Rashmi Ma’am, Anitha Ma’am and team Itsy-Bitsy for selecting me as ‘Crafter in the Spotlight’ for this week. I am Rutuja Paranjape. I have completed my graduation in Commerce and pursued MBA in Finance. Speaking about my career, I was into the finance sector for a few years and I also got an opportunity to work as a graphic designer for a brief period. I left my job when my daughter was born and have been a full time mom and a crafter since then.

 RC: How did you get into crafting?

RP: Art and craft was something I have always liked. Back in the school days it was drawing, sketching, painting, knitting that I always enjoyed. I used to make cards for family and friends. But I will have to be thankful to my daughter, because of whom I had to take a break from my career and was introduced to this wonderful world of paper crafting. I am also thankful to my husband, who has played a very important role in motivating me to get into crafting.

My first ever craft shopping was from Itsy Bitsy, and I still remember how excited I was to get the stuff which was so quickly delivered to me!

 RC:   What is your favourite type of craft?

 RP: Scrapbooking and card making top my list of favourites in paper crafting. However, I am very keen to try my hands at mix media.

 RC:   What are your favourite products at Itsy Bitsy?

 RP: I love all the products at Itsy Bitsy......Stamps, Embellishments, Laces, Ribbons, Sprays, Stencils, Dies, variety of Pattern Papers and the list goes on. But my top favourite has to be the beautiful and gorgeous collection of handmade flowers. I just can't resist buying them whenever I visit the online store. I love all the products, they are so reasonably priced!

RC:   If you had magic powers, how would you contribute to the crafting world?

 RP:  If I had magical powers, I would definitely want to open more Itsy-Bitsy outlets and make the awesome crafty stuff easily available to all.

 RC:   Your prized possession in your craft stash from Itsy Bitsy?

RP:    It definitely has to be my huge collection of handmade flowers! I always make sure to keep refilling and never run out of stock.

 RC:   How would you describe your style of crafting?

 RP:    I would say creative and simple would be my style. I try to make every project different from the other and I like to keep it simple.

RC:   How do you organize your time for crafting?

 RP:   I get time to craft when my little one is off to playschool. Sometimes, I also love crafting late at night. 

 RC:   Tips for people who want to craft.

 RP:   To all the people who want to craft, never doubt yourself, always be open to learning and trying out new stuff. Remember, unless you make it, you wouldn't get better at it, so keep crafting!

RC:   Your all -time favourite quote?

 RP:   My all time favourite quote is, “You are never too old to set a new goal or dream a new dream.” So always dream and work hard to pursue your dream. This is what I firmly believe in. 


 Here is a gorgeous project by Rutuja  & step by step description:

Here is a step by step tutorial for a Tag using supplies from Itsybitsy

First I coloured the tag with distress ink. Used a stencil to create a pattern over it, with another colour.
 



Then I stamped the sentiment and embellished the tag with a chipboard frame, flowers, lace and rhinestones



Finally, I punched a hole and fixed an eyelet for tying the ribbons and laces to the tag.




Here are a couple of  Rutuja's other awesome creations:





Many congrats Rutuja  for being the CRAFTER IN THE SPOTLIGHT – ITSY BITSY!!



You will receive Rs.500/- Itsy Bitsy gift voucher 😊 😊 & a Crafter in the Spotlight badge, which can be proudly displayed on the side bar of your blog and other platforms. Looking forward to many more creations, Happy Crafting!

4 comments: