Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Set of CAS cards with Fairy Flower Thin Cut Dies

Hello everyone, it's Juhi. Today I'm sharing a set of 4 note cards that I made using the Thin Cut Fairy Flowers Dies and patterned paper from the Chevron in Aquarelle 12x12" Paper Pack.

These cards measure 3 1/2" x 4 7/8" and are perfect for gifting as a set. I just love the Fairy flower Thin cut dies, it has 4 pretty flower dies which can be used individually or layered on top of each other.  I wanted to keep my cards Clean and Simple (CAS) hence I've used one type of flower and left a lot of white space on the cards.

To make the cards, I first started by cutting and scoring the white cardstock to 3 1/2" x 4 7/8". I then proceeded to created the background for the cards by cutting 4 different patterned papers from the Chevron in Aquarelle 12x12" Paper Pack to 3 1/4"x 4 5/8".

For the first card I stuck the blue chevron patterned paper at and titled at an angle from the edge, as shown in the image below. I then flipped open the card and trimmed of the excess. 

For the second card, I first stuck the orange chevron patterned paper in the middle of the card front. I then placed a piece of white cardstock slightly bigger than half the length of the orange patterned paper as shown in the image below. I drew a diagonal line on it with a pencil and cut it with a paper trimmer. I then stuck it on top of the orange patterned paper with double sided foam tape.


For the third and fourth card fronts I first stuck the patterned paper in the center of the card front and stuck smaller white cardstock panels on top.

Once the card backgrounds were done I stamped the sentiments onto strips of white cardstock using Itsy Bitsy Black pigment ink. I marked a dot in the middle of the strip and cut out till the dot from both ends to create a fish tail banner.
I then die-cut the flowers using the Fairy Flowers dies from handmade paper using shades similar to the patterned paper backgrounds and played around with their placements on the cards. Once I was happy with the placement I stuck them in place with liquid glue.
I also added some details like stems, leaves and a vase with a pen. For the flower centers I put dots of liquid glue, poured some gold shaker sprinkles onto them and simply shook off the excess.


I finally stuck or stamped on the sentiments on the cards to finish them. Here's a closer look at each of the cards.




Supplies Used:



13 comments: