Thursday, January 10, 2013

A Masculine Card

Crafters! A few submissions are trickling in for our Weddings and Celebrations Challenge - glad to see the awesome entries and looking forward to more glamorous and gorgeous creations.

My topic for today is masculine cards. A friend of mine is celebrating his birthday and I figured I would make a card when I realized that masculine cards are not the easiest feat. We're constantly jazzing up our creations with flowers, butterflies and bows so we find ourselves stumped when we need to create something for a guy. Fortunately ItsyBitsy has some awesome embellishments that can make such a project a breeze.


A good starting point is the color scheme. Obviously we should avoid pinks and lavenders. I went with this blue background and added a lovely striped pattern paper to the center. I created the background crisscross design by manually cutting and glueing strips of paper to replicate a lattice feeling. Finally I used these uber cool black chipboard embellishments for the diamond border and the gorgeous sentiment. I couldn't resist a little bit of ribbon and that's what the ruffle at the two corners is about.

Then comes the most important part - step away from the card! If you're like me you just can't stop embellishing so I forced myself to just get up and walk off. The card is ready and I think I've achieved my objective - to create a masculine card.

Have you created a masculine card? Would love to see it, leave a comment with your link and I will be coming over very soon. 

Supplies used:



16 comments:

  1. I am seriously impressed! I love your card Sunehra... :) Colours are so good...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sindhu - can't take the credit for that - the Cafe Mediterrean matstack is awesome!

      Delete
  2. I'm planning to make one.. :D
    This is so handsome.. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Deepti, drop a link here when you do... would love to see.

      Delete
    2. Hey Sunehra!
      here is the link..
      http://deeptistephens.blogspot.in/2013/01/a-card-for-my-brother.html
      :D :D

      Delete
  3. Wooww,dashing and handsome..;)well said Deepti!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its a beauty Sunehra ! I find men are specially impressed with Kirigami pop up cards.Here are some which my husband loved
    1.Pop up Tajmahal
    2.Kirigami Pop up Castle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good God, Sonia, your pop up TajMahal is MIND BOGGLING! How do you even come up with this stuff. Outstanding!

      Delete
  5. love the blue n balck combo..very masculine card Sunehra !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Poornima - ya - the black embellishments really come in hand for projects like these :)

      Delete
  6. Ya Its always difficult to make masculine cards .You have done nice job ..and that cris-cross cutting awesome !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is difficult - thanks Pooja - glad you liked it

      Delete
  7. Love everything bout this card..Lovely..

    ReplyDelete
  8. loved the theme ...splly the chipboard embellish very mcch..

    ReplyDelete