Wednesday, April 10, 2013

A Pair of Vintage Notepads

I recently got some vintage blooms from Itsy Bitsy along with the Cinch binding machine and was itching to use both in a project. The end result? A couple of heavily embellished vintage notepads. Check them out!


For my first notepad, I started with a pattern paper from the DCVW La Creme stack. Then using my spellbinders Kaleidoscope die, I create a base for the flower and some corners. I added a chipboard laser-cut flourish and a few fabric flowers from Itsy Bitsy again with the vintage theme. As a final touch, I included a little key charm - love that metallic effect on a floral background. Here's a picture of the notebook with a closeup of the details. 


For my next notepad, I went grungier. The paper backround is this checkered design from the DCVW  Natural Stack over which I layered some coffee brown punch paper embossed with the damask background. I distressed the edges heavily using the We R Memory Keepers Heart distressing tool and glued it down so that the edges sort of curled upwards. Then I proceeded to create layered pleated bow using some 1.5" satin ribbon and ended with the Vintage blooms of course with a chipboard lasercut as well. For the grungy look, I draped a metal chain all over the cover. Here's a look at the notepad along with a closeup

    

I'm loving the vintage theme mainly because it's not easy giving a distressed and aged appearance to brand new supplies. When I showed my little 4 year old the notepads, he said - "Not nice Mama - looks old" I gave him a big hug and said, "Thanks so much Baba!"

Do you like the vintage style? Leave a comment and tell us. We'd love to hear from you.

Supplies Used: Click on the image to visit the product page on our website. 

35 comments:

  1. Oh my god,,these are gorgeous Sunehra..loved the way u have used the chipboard embellishments !! Super loved it !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those chipboard laser cuts are just AMAZING! You can't really go wrong with it at all.. But they particularly suit this colour scheme. So glad you liked it.

      Delete
  2. Wao!...These are utterly gorgeous Sunehra!....I just love the beautiful way you have embellished these note-pads.....You have captured the Vintage/Shabby look perfectly!...Fabulous layering too!...I just love everything about them! :)..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks so much Hussena... yes I really went to town with the embellishments. Had a blast.

      Delete
  3. superb designs gurl....I see u are totally a vintagy n shabby chic gurl these days...haaha...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful..love all the embellishments:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely Stunning......wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow wow Sunehra! you are really fantastic.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh My... Hardly Deepti - After many permutations and combinations I was finally able to make it look good... but thanks anyway

      Delete
  7. What a compliment from your little one! :)

    The note pads are truly beautiful. Love the flowers on it..love the tiny key charm too.. Itsy bitsy laser cuts are to die for! Love the birds and bird cage! Awesome creations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right - my son with his comments - I tell you... yes the charm is so cute too right.. and the laser cuts are a class apart.

      Delete
  8. Wow ! Fab job with vintage style ...Loved the embellishments and the charm is just Wow !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey hey Pooja.. You know I had a doubt about adding that charm but now that you've mentioned it... so glad I did

      Delete
  9. so many elements in complete harmony here....love it, sunehra!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such fabulous notepads. A person like me will not use them at all, Just hoard them, keep them at my desk and keep staring at these pretty little cuties :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha me too Indira... But then at the same time, I only feel like writing in a really nice note pad... can't write in the regular ones.. so maybe I will use it sometime haha

      Delete
  11. Amazing notepads Sunehra...u added i more addition to my to do list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha Rajni - yes you must and please add a link to us when you do, would love to see!

      Delete
  12. Superb n so vintage notepads Sunehra...love all the details added !!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely lovely lovely,is all I have to say.Love that pleating of ribbon and chain.Awesome job as usual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh so glad you liked ribbon and chain, had a bit of a doubt at that actually

      Delete
  14. Both are so superbly created..reminds me of an older project of yours--the post it note box you had altered so beautifully ...it was the first project of yours I had seen and fell in love with!!!
    And young ones do love more cheerful stuff.I am so reluctant to even attempt a vintage project as my little critique will be so vociferous in her criticism!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha yes they do have strong opinions but you will definitely do it well - must try!

      Delete
  15. Both the notepads are stunning. I loved the way you have placed the metal chains.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey so glad you liked it... had my doubts about that

      Delete
  16. Absolutely beautiful.. really great piece of creativity.. I wish some day I could make something as good as these..!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Designing is all about creativity with hard work.Whenever we design something a unique idea is needed and then we have to cherished that idea with our skill and talent.notepads design

    ReplyDelete