Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Money Envelopes - Great for Making a Boring Gift Extra Special


I always feel a little guilty when I gift someone money because it seems like the easy way out - rather than take the trouble to find a really thoughtful gift, I end up giving cash. Well now I found a way to feel better about it - with handmade money envelopes. I mean you can seriously go nuts with them and then suddenly presenting money will actually be a welcome prospect!



My first envelope is a dramatic black one. I found that Itsy Bitsy has launched this new line of masculine coloured flowers aptly titled 'Gentleman'. And I decided to take that colour scheme forward with a whole lot of greys and blacks. What do you think? Does it say drama?


For my second envelope, I kept it simple and just went crazy with the flap. I used Itsy Bitsy's heart lattice punch to create that border for the flap and edged it off with a line of purple pearls. The end result was this fun frilly envelope. Totally love how it turned out!



For my third envelope, I went all soft and summery - after all we are in the middle of a sunny Indian summer right. I used the Cuttlebug Vintage die to cut little panels in the envelope and then trimmed that off with some pretty Itsy Bitsy flowers and pearls. Buttons were perfect for the centre, what do you think?

Have you tried making your own money envelopes? We would love to see. Leave a comment and we'll pop by!

Supplies Used

19 comments:

  1. My fav is the grey one,,m gonna try it out too..
    Beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Black n grey envelope looks beautiful.. Love the punch and pearls..

    www.scsmartcreations.blogspot.com
    Swathi..

    ReplyDelete
  3. all the three are fabulous sunehra

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are so elegant...Love the use of pearls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am strong believer in the fabulous power of pearls! Ha ha

      Delete
  5. I love the first one....so sophisticated!!
    http://www.kalasirjana.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes.. it is isn't it - and how often do we see a black gift envelope!

      Delete
  6. All your envelopes are beautiful sunhera ..but the grey one is hands down my fave too :)..what an elegant color scheme and that flower is just gorgeous !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Hussena, it seems to be the crowd favourite! Haha

      Delete
  7. What a stylish way to gift money !With wedding season in India we will need lots of them.I loved all three of them ,Thanks for sharing .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We totally do! And hand made ones will be the one of a kind! Thanks Pooja

      Delete
  8. superb sunehra..... ma favourite is the yellow one, but love all 3.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sujana, yes the Yellow one is like very soothing and peaceful isn't it.

      Delete
  9. Envelopes can be incredible works of art, Throw away the ideas of simple, plain white sheets of paper that you call stationary and look at these inspirational design pieces to move your concepts of identity design forward.printing custom envelopes

    ReplyDelete