Sunday, September 1, 2013

Scrapbook Layout for a Precious Little Boy

Those of you who know my work, know that I am big on Baby Scrapbooks. I did them for each of my kids, for my friends' kids and for my friends' friends' kids. And one thing that seems to be the trend is  that for a Baby Girl, I do pretty girly layouts and for Baby Boys, I do bold and colourful schemes. So this time I decided to steer away from the beaten path - my book was for a baby boy but the colour scheme was going to be baby blue!


And what paper pack goes better for a Baby Blue Scrapbook than DCWV's Nursery Baby Boy Stack available at Itsy Bitsy? Filled with soothing blues, greens and lavenders, this stack is a dream for any baby boy project, whether it's a card, baby shower invitations or of course a scrapbook. For my layout, I picked one of my favourite designs from the stack and then got to work. I used some of the new rectangular doilies recently launched at Itsy Bitsy. The detailing, quality and variety of these doilies is simply stellar, so many sizes and shapes. Check it out here!


The other feature I really liked in this layout was the border of blue roses. I recently returned from a holiday and one of the places we visited was Turkey. There in the streets near the Blue Mosque, vendors were selling simple floral wreaths, just like this border except it was round, to wear on ones head. I really wanted to incorporate this kind of design on the layout so I used the Itsy Bitsy Hand Made Roses with Stem. I twisted the stem of one flower around the stem of another and in so doing I connected the roses together to form this border. I love how it turned out! What say!




I used the Itsy Bitsy Glitter Frame for the frames and of course no project of mine would be complete without pearls so that's how I embellished them. The Itsy Bitsy Glitter Alphas always come in handy for scrapbook layouts and they're what I used for the title. An ivory bow at the corner finished the job and my page was done!

What do you think of my layout? Would love to hear your views. Leave a comment and let me know!!

Supplies Used

9 comments:

  1. Awesome. Rose border and rectangular doilies adds beauty to the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunehra, you leave me speechless with your ideas. The roses border is really out of the world. I am gonna really take that idea and use it somewhere. And thanks for introducing me to rectangular doilies, added them to my shopping cart already :)

    Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Wow! Thanks so much Ujjwal, so glad you liked the rose border. I just love how it turned out too! And those rectangular doilies - just TO DIE FOR! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with them. Your stuff is always so masterful!

      Delete
  3. it is awesome sunehra, your projects tempts me to buy more products from Itsy bitsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thanks Shylaa. Itsy Bitsy has so much stuff and it's all so TEMPTING!

      Delete
  4. Lovely book cover Sunehra! Love the rectangular doilies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's really a very beautiful blog , your make this blog more creative with your idea.

    ReplyDelete