Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Bakers Twine for Teachers Day


As a child I always looked forward to Teacher's Day. I was one of those teacher pet types of students always gazing adoringly at my teacher and running to do her little tasks. And Teachers Day was the day to give cards and flowers to this mini-heroine in my life. Now as an adult, I am glad to see my son equally enthused about making his teachers feel special on this occasion. He was after me all week to make some cards for his teachers and this is what I cam up with. I had also recently picked up some of the fabulous We R Memory Keepers Bakers Twine from Itsy Bitsy and was eager to put it to use. 



For his art teacher, I decided to make a easel card. I started with some red and tan card stock and laid a pattern paper over it from the extremely apt DCWV Grade School Stack. With some craft sticks I put together an easel and added some red twine at the top. Finally I got 4 year old Dhruv to scrawl the sentiment on a piece of card and glued that on top. 


For his class teacher, I thought it would be fun to make a 'Report Card' for her. For the front facade of the card, I layered some black and red card and topped it off with this awesome Pattern Paper from the DCWV Grade School Stack. Gotta say, this pack was just perfect for my project. Then for the inside, I made a grid using the fabulous We R Bakers Twine. Inside the grid, I put categories of a great teacher and then Dhruv 'graded' his teacher by giving her an 'A' in every category. Fun isn't it!


For the third teacher I decided to make a secret compartment card. And this time, the fabulous paper from the Grade School stack inspired my front facade. I found this cute print of some kids in their laced up shoes so I used that for the bottom. Just above it, I continued the laced up shoe theme by inserting some eyelets and lacing the awesome Bakers Twine through them. Cool isn't it!!


For the inside, I used some paper from the same page to create this overlay. I fussy cut some of the laced up shoes and socks and glued them on 2 corners to embellish it. Then using the We R Memory Keepers magnetic twist trimmer with the 'Perforated Blade' I created a perforated central secret tab. The message on this tab read, 'Pull Back for a Secret Message'.


And this is what the secret message reads, once the tab is pulled back. As you have probably guessed, my son scribbled that out - not the neatest job I agree but he's still getting the hang of using markers. And after all, that intelligible scrawl makes the card that much more endearing don't you think?

Hope you liked my Teachers Day Cards. They are yet to reach the teachers so will let you know the response later. Would love to hear your views! Leave a comment and let me know! Till then Happy Teachers Day!

Supplies Used:

8 comments:

  1. score card, the white board everything is beautiful , Dhruv teacher will certainly love this and his handwriting is not a scribbling, it is the real love towards the teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey shylaa, all the teachers loved the cards, thanks a lot!

      Delete
  2. I loved the report card Idea n the secret message one to !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved all the cards. Unique and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. appreciate the kind words Sharanyaa, Google helped with the ideas.

      Delete
  4. Lovely cards & the easel card is my favourite , such lovely ideas ! thanks for sharing sunhera!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey my pleasure Sharada, ya the easel card was fun for the art teacher right!

      Delete