Saturday, September 28, 2013

Baby Shower Invitations


My dear friend Sowmya is having her second baby in a month and a couple of us got together to organise her baby shower. Of course for me organising a baby shower isn't about the food, the party games or the decorations. It's only about the invitations! I love any occasion to craft so I really had a blast doing the invitations for her shower. 


I shaped the invitation as a little diaper. It was easy enough to find the template online so I found one that suited me and cut it to this shape. Once I put it together with the ribbon and everything, it turned out to be a little too bulky for a regular envelope and hence the box envelope by the side. I chose the DCWV French Country Stack for this project as it had a great combination of pastel pinks, greens and blues. We don't know the sex of the baby yet so I needed something neutral. 



The card as I said is shaped like a diaper or nappy. It's got side flaps which close together with a ribbon. Then to open the card, one has to just open the ribbon and read the message inside. I didn't use card stock at all in this project. I used two papers from the French Country Stack, stuck back to back so that the outside was one design and the inside was another complimentary one. So glad with the result. 



For the boxes I used a fun template I found online where the closing flaps are kept together using some twisted twine. You can use buttons or brads for the twine but I decided to use some fabulous flowers with pollen from Itsy Bitsy. For the twine, I used my stash of Sew Easy pink floss. It was the perfect shade of pink and the right thickness to keep the box closed while at the same time not putting pressure on the rose. 

I've still got a few more to do as we finalise the guest list but I wanted to share it right away as I'm ticked pink with the project. What do you think of my creation? Would love to hear your views. Leave a comment and let me know.

Till then, Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies Used

24 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. U should put a template out for the box and cards this would be great to use on different things exspecially the box!

      Delete
  3. sooo sweet and cute diaper invitation cards are fabulous...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its fantastic Sunehra ! I loved the idea of diaper shaped card and the box is just WOW !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey thanks a lot Pooja, it did turn out bulkier than I planned but so pretty nonetheless :)

      Delete
  5. Awesome as always! love your choice of papers and embellishments :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, Ujjwal this French Country Stack is so so so beautiful - not just pinks and blues but kind of weathered too.. Supah!!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful Invis.. Loved the big bow..

    ReplyDelete
  7. it bring a smile while seeing this pretty invitation sunehra, Good idea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, something about baby stuff always makes us smile isn't it... thanks a lot

      Delete
  8. loved the bold flowers on the card n box and it still looks pretty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Superb choice of design! A li'l naughty, very parent-ly, and super cute!! Wish I was a recipient :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty lovely baby shower invitation cards.I LOVE THEM! So elegant and modern!

    ReplyDelete