Saturday, September 28, 2013

Baby Boy Layouts with the Spellbinders Cherry Picking Die

Spellbinders Dies are one of the best investments one can make in their crafty endeavours. Most Spellbinders dies come with 3 to four cutting options and have the capability for embossing and stencilling. I never quite understood how it all worked until I picked up the Spellbinders Cherry Picking Die. I had been eying it for quite a while and last week I finally took the plunge and bought it! Woo hoo! My first order of business - using it for a Baby Boy Scrapbook. Here are 2 pages I created using this fantastic and versatile die. 


The picture above is the opening page of the scrapbook where the baby is introduced to the readers. I wanted to provide space for the mother to add photographs of the little one and the Spellbinders Cherry Picking Die offered an excellent approach. The die allowed me to cut  a frame, the embossing feature enabled me to emboss the cherries and the stencil feature enabled me to heat emboss only the cherries!  Voila! A beautiful personalised one of a kind frame. Here's a closeup! 


To see how I created this fantastic effect, please watch the following tutorial which offers step by step instructions on how to make full use of this die.



The Spellbinders Cherry Picking Die also has 2 more dies included in the pack providing more results. I used them for the Family Tree page on the reverse side. The larger blue die cut is cut from the central portion of my original frame and the inner white frame with the tiny circles is cut using the additional dies available in the set. There is also a cherry and leaf die too. I used the cherry die to embellish the text 'Introducing Siddharth'. Love it to bits!! Here's a look at the page with a closeup below. 



The Spellbinders dies retail anything from Rs. 1099 to 1399 at Itsy Bitsy and if this is a little too steep for you, you have to check out the Couture Creations Intricutz dies. These are fantastic! Each is priced very reasonably - Rs. 499 to Rs. 799 and they cut cleanly and neatly. I used the Picket Fence Die and Heirloom Die to create the bottom trim on the Introduction Page. So thrilled with the turn out!


Here's a demo video showing the Intricutz dies in action. You can see how I created this extra broad fence and how I applied the flower vine. 


How do you like my Baby Boy Scrapbook Layout? Would love to hear your views - leave me a comment and I'll be sure to get back.

Supplies Used:

2 comments:

  1. very beautiful layout... awesome colors...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its soo lovely sunehra .. love the photographs section i mean the die cut embossed frames for photos..

    ReplyDelete